Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 8

Contd......I just kept staring at him, he was smiling devilishly. He extended his hand for a shake and said "nice meeting you"
I took his hand with d little dignity in me and replied "same here." He was whisked away by another group. I avoided him till we left the event. The next morning we left Lagos and went back to Abuja. I spent 2wks at home and insisted I was going back to school (Ahmadu Bello University Zaria) because I was bored at home. I entered the room that I shared with two other students, one of my roommates was in the room, I was surprised to see her because she hardly stays with us she is always at her boyfriend's place and only comes around when they were not in good terms. At times I wonder why she is still with the guy because he treats her like his maid, beats her and yet she wouldn't leave him. I had advised her several times but she wouldn't listen. I noticed she was very happy to see me which was very unusual. She asked me if I was tired. I should have just said yes instead I said No. She knelt down in front of me and said she needed my help that if I do this for her she would be the happiest girl on earth. I asked her what she wanted me to do for her. She said she offended her boyfriend and she wants me to follow her to beg. I stared at her for minutes then I said " you know deep down in you that you are talking to the wrong person. Me follow you to beg your boyfriend."
"No u wouldn't beg just follow me, I would do the begging"
"What would I be doing?"
"Please"
We dragged the issue for over an hour and she kept begging, so I agreed.
We changed our cloth and went to the guy's house. When we got to the guy's house she knocked, it took him 10mins to open the door and when he did he refused to let us in. My roommate went on her knees and started begging this guy and since we had agreed that I wouldn't do anything and besides she didn't say what she did wrong so I just stood there watching them. This guy did not move he kept telling her to leave his doorstep. She moved closer to hold his leg. U need to see the dirty slap he gave her, kicked her and yet she kept begging. I got so angry that I slapped him back. He touched his cheek with his palm, turned and went back inside. My roommate stood up and started accusing me of slapping her boyfriend. I told her I was defending her because I knew she wouldn't. The foolish guy that entered came back outside with a cutlass and chased us with it. As I was running I tried jumping a gutter, I fell right into the gutter. People quickly held him because he was about jumping into the gutter to strike me with the cutlass. My whole body was soaked with gutter water. Even my roommate had come back to help me. I tried coming out of the gutter,some one reached out and helped me out. Half way out, I looked up to see the good samaritan helping me out. Oluwakamikun Richard Pearse was the one helping me I released his hand, he tried to tighten his grip but it was too late I fell back into the gutter with a splash. WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING IN ZARIA. (To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment