Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 20

Contd....... I ended the call and placed my head on Dr Musa's mum's laps and continued crying. She placed her hand on my head and said, "a mother would always be a mother, ‎​you don't need to hear any further for ‎​you to know the love is still there and would always be there. Your biological father might have even remarried do ‎​you think that step mother would love ‎​‎​you, all ‎​you need to know about your real family is who they are, ‎​you can't change your surname to theirs cos ‎​you are married now. ‎So go back home and apologise to your parents."
"Do ‎​you think they won't be angry that I got married and gave birth." I asked.
"See, the joy of every parent knows no bound the day their child gets married. I am sorry to say this ‎​you deprived them of that joy. Let's face it here ‎​you got married to kami without him paying your bride price and without the consent of your parents. Yemisi omo yoruba ni e (‎​you are a yoruba girl) ‎​you should know better than to think going to the registry alone will do. See I can't tell ‎​you your parents won't be angry with ‎​you at first but not to worry they would forgive ‎​you as soon as they hear your story."

Two days later, Dr Musa came with his mum to take me to the airport. They helped me with my luggage. Dr Musa asked me when I would be coming back. I told him,
"it depends if I am accepted a month or two but if I am not accepted I would be back the tomorrow." Dr Musa smiled and said ‎​
"you would be accepted don't worry we will keep calling ‎​you."
When we got to the airport Dr Musa's mum said, "are ‎​you sure ‎​you don't want me to follow ‎​‎​you."
I replied, "I would be fine and if I am not I would call ‎​‎​you."
They hugged me and the baby, then they left.
We got to Abuja at noon, I took a cab to my house. The cab man dropped me infront of my house and left. I was still standing at the gate thinking of how to enter and what I would say. I heard footsteps then the gate opened, standing in front of me looking at me with disgust was my Uncle... (To be contd).

No comments:

Post a Comment