Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 16

Contd..... The pain went down again, I managed to get inside to get my phone ‎so I could call Dr Musa. I got my phone checked it and realised I didn't have credit. I took the car keys and I went back outside. The pain was becoming ‎so unbearable, I knew I couldn't drive with my condition. I went to my neighbour's door and was told by their maid that they had gone out. I asked the maid to help me check the flats upstairs to see if she would see anyone who could drive. The maid came back with two other maids and none of them could drive. They said they were willing to help me, I sent one to buy recharge card, sent another to go out of the estate to get a cab. The last one stayed with me. The pain had started affecting my back, to stand was difficult to seat was worse. The maid I sent to buy recharge card came back, she loaded it on my phone. I told her to help me dial Dr Musa's no, the call went through but Dr Musa didn't pick the call. She kept trying the number still Dr Musa did not pick.
The other maid came back with a cab, I told the cab man where I was going to and entered. The cab man realised I was the only one going, said he couldn't take me alone unless one of the maids follow me. The maids said they couldn't leave the house because of their madams. The cab man refused to move and asked me to get down. I got down and the cab man drove off.
Immediately the cab man drove off another car passed, stopped in front and reversed. The driver got down and called,
"Yemisi"
Dr Musa was standing in front of me with the car separating us. I screamed out of pain and anger. He drove me to the hospital. Even in pain I asked him if he had seen my husband. He said No that the ambulance hadn't gotten to the hospital when he left the hospital because he had called one of the nurses that came with the ambulance and she told him who they picked so he had to come pick me himself.
When we got to the hospital Dr Musa handed me over to another doctor.
I gave birth to a baby girl 9hrs after I got to the hospital. The baby was ‎so beautiful, she looked ‎so much like her father. I noticed a nurse came in immediately I gave birth and took my picture with her phone. I knew kami had requested for it.
An hour after I gave birth Dr Musa came in to check me his eyes were red he had been crying. I knew what had happened ‎so I asked,
"Did he see our daughter?"
"Yes and he sent a nurse to take your picture, he waited for ‎​you to give birth"
I turned and faced the wall crying.

Oluwakamikun Richard Pearse had died 10minutes after I gave birth. (To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment