Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 10

Contd...... I was woken by the smell of fried eggs. Still on the bed with my eyes closed I started sniffing trying to locate where the smell was coming from.
"you had better open your eyes because there is a jug filled with hot tea and with the way you are sniffing like a dog looking for drugs you would end up turning it over." Kami said.
I opened one eye, the place looked strange. I started remembering everything that happened and how I ended up in Kami's house. I opened my eyes and saw fried eggs, bread, butter, mayonnaise and a jug neatly arranged in a tray and was placed beside me on the bed. I sat up gently. Kami turned to my side of the bed and kissed my forehead saying "Good morning my dear."
"Good morning baby" I mumbled and continued "baby I thought I heard u call me a dog."
"Heyy I kno you wouldn't remember the fact that I said you shouldn't pour hot tea on yourself, it is the dog part that you would remember. Anyway I didn't call you a dog, I was just describing what you were doing."
I looked at him lovingly, and said "thanks for making breakfast for me." He smiled.
We eat breakfast, I had my bath. We sat down in his sitting room and I told him everything that happened, how my uncle broke the news to where I had left the house and left my parents a note. Telling them not to look for me. When I finished there were unshed tears in kami's eyes. Few days later, we went to see his lawyer who was also his friend. Kami explained everything to him. The lawyer said the chances of locating my family was very slim. Since my parents did not inform the authorities.
2weeks later, I was in the house alone kami had gone to work. I got bored so I decided to read a book I went straight to kami's mini library. I took a book from the shelf and sat down on the chair in his library. I decided to get juice to sip while reading. I got the juice and placed on the desk in the library. An hour later I was so engrossed in the book that I didn't look at where I was about to place the juice after sipping. The juice poured on the desk, I had to quickly clear all the papers on the desk. Some were ruined while some where partially ruined. I started separating them looking at the content in the papers to know whether the paper is important or not. Then I saw a letter written to him by his sister.

Dear Rich,
The bearer would give you a tiny box. The ring u asked me to get for you is in it . Yemisi would love it. Just like we agreed propose to her on our mum's birthday and stop being scared, she wouldn't say NO. That girl loves you but I love you more.
Your lovely sis.
I sat on the floor and kept staring at the letter. When could he have received the letter, I looked at the letter and found out she signed and dated the letter. It was 1st of may. The day I found out that my parents where not my biological parents. The day I followed him to lagos. Yes he told me that morning he was expecting something from his sister and that was before I heard the shocking news. I know kami to well to know he wouldn't ask me to marry him now just because of what happened to me.
I picked my phone and dialed his sister's number, she picked it on the third ring. We exchanged pleasantries and I asked her for their mum's birthday date. She said May 19th, I ran towards the calendar before I got there the sister said " today is May19th." I told her I was going to call her back. It was 5:45pm, kami would soon be back. I ran to the room changed into something nice. Just then the door bell rang. I went to open the door for him and said Oluwakamikun Richard Pearse, YES I WILL MARRY YOU. (To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment