Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 7

Contd....... Before we went on board he looked at me and asked "baby are u sure u want to follow me.". " Yes I'm sure" I replied. I followed him to lagos that night. We enterd his house 1am, I showered and went to bed immediately. He understood my mood and left me to myself. I missed my home, my bed and mostly my parents. I kept wondering what could have happened to my father, did he survive the heart attack. I couldn't help it so I called my mum and asked her about her husband's health she said he was responding to treatment that the doctor said he would be fine. From the way she was responding I knew she wasn't aware of the latest development. I told her to take care of herself and her husband before hanging up on her. Still I couldn't sleep, kami was snoring beside me, he had catarrh. I smiled to myself remembering the first time we met. I came to lagos with my parents for a wedding. My father's MD's daughter was getting married. Initially my father was going to attend with only my mum since I and my siblings were in school. Then I came back home due to ASUU strike. My father being the protective man that he has always been insisted on taking me with them to lagos. After the wedding my dad said were staying for 3 more days cos he wanted to seal a business deal. During our stay we got invited for an art exhibition event. so I followed my parents for the event. When we got there we were been shown different paintings and artwork I got bored so I excused myself. I headed for the exit cos I needed fresh air I bumped into some1 who was heading for the exit to receive a call cos d place was a bit noisy. I apologized to him and went on my own but clearly d fault was his. I stood on the pavement looking at people coming in. "sorry I bumped into you the other time". I turned around I realized the person I bumped into was actually apologizing to me. " Its okay" I replied. Then turned back to continue sizing up those that were coming in. "Are u waiting for some" he asked. This time I turned around and took a good look at him, he was tall but not to tall cos I don't really know how to calculate people's height, he looked like a mixed race Popularly known has half caste later found out that he was truly an half caste, his hair was curly, his lips were light pink. He cleared his throat to get my attention. "Oh no, I'm not waiting for anyone" I eventually replied.
"so what are you doing here alone"
I thought to myself why can't he just leave me alone and stop making sound foolish. "I got bored inside and needed fresh air outside" I replied.
" Don't you like the paintings that are been exhibited?" he asked.
" Of course I do, they are nice."
"If they are you wouldn't be standing here, you would be inside admiring them."
I smiled " let me be sincere I really don't see anything in them. Some one who is jobless would just seat down and use different paints to draw zig zag and would call it painting and when u ask him he wud say ohhh this is mother nature, dis part is the fertile land, dis part is the human race. That zig zag would mean a whole lot of jargons and people would buy the painting." I concluded.
" so you mean you don't like paintings" he asked
"I'm indifferent about it" I replied.
He was about asking me another question when some one called him. He didn't leave my side until he got my name and number. I didn't ask for his name or number. After he left me I went back inside to look for my parents. I found them and my mum asked if I would love to be introduced to the person behind the lovely paintings. I told her I wouldn't mind, just then the person I was talking to outside walked towards my parents and my mum said "meet Mr Oluwakamikun Richard Pearse he painted half of what is been exhibited today". I was to shocked to move. Have u ever said the wrong thing to the wrong person and when u realize it you try to rewind your brain to the conversation so you would know how much damage you have done with your mouth.(To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment