Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 18

Contd..... "Like your mother of course." Dr Musa's mum replied.
"Do ‎​you know my mother?"
"Yes I do, we went to the same university."
I starred at her for awhile, without uttering a word I grabbed my towel and left the bathroom. I reacted that way because I was confused, I didn't know what question to ask. I had been through a lot in less than 2years. I had once been the happiest daughter on earth, the happiest wife now I am a widow and also the mother to the cutest baby on earth. My husband had just been buried my baby is less than a week, I don't even know how my baby would be named. I didn't want to add to my headache. I got into the room and started dressing up. Dr Musa's mother came in and asked,
"My daughter did I say anything to offend ‎​you?"
"No ma, u didn't offend me in anyway its just that I don't want to talk about anybody except my late husband and my daughter." I replied then later added "For now."
She nodded and left the room.
Dr Musa came late in the evening to pick his mum. I called him aside and asked,
"Pls did kami tell ‎​you anything about my parents?"
He scratched his head feeling ‎so uncomfortable then replied,
"Yes he did."
I swallowed my spit and sighed heavily.
He continued "he told me because I wanted to know the reason why he wanted to shut you out the minute he heard about his disease. He told me u had parenting problems to solve."
"‎so what did ‎​you tell your mum about my parents." I asked.
"Excuse me, I just told her to come help my friend's wife who just gave birth and her parents are not in town. I am sorry if ‎​you don't like the idea of my mum coming to help. I wouldn't bring her here again." He replied angrily.
"No no I am sorry if I sounded rude, pls keep bringing her I need her. Its just that she mentioned something about my mum but not to worry. Once again I am sorry." I pleaded.

My baby was named Oluwafiyemisikamikun Tanimola Pearse. The first name was given by her father, he had written it down and I couldn't change it. I only hoped our daughter would like it when she grows up because to me it was a weird name which I couldn't change. I gave her the second name.

3months later, I was in the sitting room playing with my baby and at the same time waiting for Dr Musa's mum.
We had spoken about the person she said she knew that had that same birthmark. She told me that person was her roommate in the university an hausa lady to be precise and immediately after university the lady had gotten married to a yoruba man and she had attended the wedding. Dr Musa's mum had promised to get pictures of her and the lady when next she comes to lagos because she was based in Ibadan and all the pictures were there. We had that discussion a month after I gave birth and that was 2months ago. She had gone to back to ibadan and was back to Lagos again.
Back to present I was ‎so anxious to see the lady's pictures. At last the door bell rang. I went to open the door for her. She hugged me and said she had missed me. She took Tani from me and went inside.
An hour later she brought out the pictures after she had eaten and asked ‎so many questions about Tani's latest development health, habits and ‎so on.
The pictures were much, the minute I saw the lady it was as if I was looking at myself in the 1980s. The lady was on afro and yet that resemblance was still there. I kept looking at the pictures until I found one that shocked me. The lady's wedding picture and in that particular picture my mum I mean the woman that I thought was my mother was there. ....... To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment