Thursday, December 15, 2011

episode 24

Contd....... I was just staring at my mum, I couldn't say anything or rather I didn't have anything to say. I couldn't believe my mum actually knew my real mother. Finally, I asked my mum,
"‎​you didn't see the woman before she died."
My mum replied, "I didn't see her, and I wasn't told about the accident until the woman died because I was still crying over my lost child."
"Why didn't ‎​‎​you try and contact her." I asked.
"Yemisi sincerely I didn't think of doing that, I lost a child I carried for 10months in my womb and besides I was married, going to look for her or Abdullah might not be polite to my husband ‎so I stayed back thinking she would come back and I would tell her that I had lost the baby ‎so Abdullah shouldn't bother about me."
"‎so daddy had gone to get money to save ‎​you and a child that wasn't his and on his way back he hit my real mother. ‎so even if the child hadn't died the child wouldn't have been a true member of this family. Please tell me how does all this affect my uncle because I have been expecting to hear his name since and why does he hate me ‎so much?" I asked.
My mum replied, "your uncle is just a nuisance. When him and your father were young, they lived an extravagant life because their parents were rich. After their father's death, they found out that their father had given them little and willed the rest to his grandchildren stating in the will that with the way they were spending he was scared that they wouldn't be able to take care of their children when they start having kids."
"Please how does it affect me?" I asked
"U see, your uncle didn't know my first pregnancy wasn't for your father but he was at the hospital when the doctor told your father I had lost the baby and he knew about the accident too. It was stated in the will that the your grandfather's remaining wealth should be shared equally amongst all the grandchildren and from our side, we have 3 and from his side he has only 1. ‎so he wants to eliminate 1 of ours."
"Can't we wait maybe he would have more kids too and besides I don't need the money, I have more than enough. My husband left me enough that would take care of me and my daughter for years."
This time my father replied "No we can't wait for him, it was stated in the will that after 20years the wealth should be shared and its been over 20yrs now, just because we have been waiting for him, besides I am blessed with a good wife who made me a better person and with or without the money I am very okay and as for ‎​‎​you, ‎​you can't be left out, it was a gift from your grandfather, he didn't live long to see any of ‎​you and yet he made provision for ‎​you all. Its been taken that I have 3kids and ‎​you are my first and nothing on earth would make me sign ‎​you as an illegitimate child."
I sighed heavily then turned to my mum and asked,
"do ‎​you know if my real mother had other kids?"
She replied, "yes she did, I think she had 2 or 3 boys."

My real father came with my real uncle, they were happy at the same time sad. My real father accused my dad of killing his wife and depriving him the opportunity of taking care of his only daughter. He said it had not been easy for him, taking care of 3boys alone. He didn't remarry because of the hope he had that his wife might come back home. Uncle Abdullah also blamed himself for sending his sister on the errand that took her life. My real father just kept looking at me. Later he asked me what I was doing I told him I had finished university but I didn't finish my youth service. He was about asking me why when my younger sister brought Tani to me because she was crying. My real father asked me if Tani was my baby and I told him yes and told him my husband was late. He asked how my husband died and I explained to him. By the time I finished he was in tears saying how he wished he was there to stand by me through it all. They left after we all eat dinner, before they left my father gave me his address in lagos.

2weeks later I left Abuja for Lagos not with the intention of going to my real father but I wanted to go back to my husband's house. I wanted my child to grow in the room her father had decorated for her at least for a year or two or even more depending on how soon I get my life back on track.
When we landed in lagos, my real father, Dr musa and his mum were waiting for me. I didn't know who to follow but at last I went in my father's car and Dr Musa's own was right behind us. He dropped me home and used the opportunity to know my house, I promised him I would visit him before the week runs out. Dr Musa's mother spent the night with me. She wanted to hear the whole story and she wanted to stay with Tani.
2days later Dr Musa came to pick us and we all went to visit my father. It was fun, I met my brothers and they were ‎so happy to meet me. One would easily notice the resemblance, we all look alike. They carried Tani one after the other and my cute baby was smiling through out that day. My eldest brother was married and had a daughter who looked exactly like me. While the other two were still single.
With the help of my real father I got a job after a year, then my daughter was over one year. I still count myself lucky, because I have 2fathers, 1mother, 3elder ones and 2younger ones. I got my share of my grandfather's wealth. At 24, I was a millionaire all thanks to my lovely husband and grandfather but I was still working.
I remarried 3yrs after my husband's death to my eldest brother's best friend and had 3 kids for him.
Tanimola is 15yrs now and she cherish her father's gifts more than anything in the world. The day she misplaced one of her gifts she cried and refused to eat till she found it. To crown it all she looks ‎so much like her father and she can also draw and paint. She is aspiring to be an architect. I try as much as possible not to show it that she is my favorite but to be sincere I love her more but I make sure I treat all my kids equally.
I am happily married and united with my family both my real and foster family.
I give thanks to Almighty Allah for seeing me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment