Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 19

Contd .... 2days to the day I was suppose to leave I called Dr Musa's mum and told her i wouldn't go back home. She came to my house that evening and said,
"Can I ask ‎​you some questions?" She said.
"Yes, sure ‎​you can." I replied.
"While ‎​you were growing up with your parents, did they at any point in time do or say something to ‎​you that ‎​you can refer to that they did or said because ‎​you weren't their child." She asked.
"No." I replied.
"‎​You told me that ‎​you had two(2) younger ones."
"Yes"
"Did they ever treat them specially compared to ‎​‎​you."
"No, they only say I am responsible for them because I am the eldest and whatever I do I should remember that they might want to emulate me ‎so I should be careful, at times I get punished for their mistakes and my father would say if ‎​you are punished for their wrongs ‎​you would always remember to stop them from doing the wrong things because ‎​you know ‎​you would be held responsible." I replied.
She smiled and said, "that is how to train a child especially the eldest child, that's how I trained Musa too because he is the eldest. All his siblings are married and they still confide in their brother even more than me their mother. We parents do that to build the love between our children ‎so that when we are not there we know the eldest would take care of the younger ones." She moved closer to me and continued,
"nobody was born perfect, we make mistakes at times and those mistakes are simply because we don't want something bad to happen to us, because they didn't want to go to jail they decided to make it a secret incident and they took ‎​you in loved and catered for ‎​you as if ‎​you were their child."
"No they felt it was the right thing to do since they killed my mother and they had lost their own child. It was like a compensation for them, they lost one and got another." I cried.
She pulled me towards her and placed my head on her chest. Then she said,
"they showered ‎​you with love."
I lifted my head to look at her and said,
"I know they did but I can't help thinking that what if their own child hadn't died what would they have done." Then I placed my head back on her chest.
She didn't say anything for awhile, she later said, "they would still had taken ‎​you in because the doctor can't take ‎​you in and he would have no choice than to report to the police and your father would end up in jail. They wouldn't want that ‎so they would still have taken ‎​‎​you."
I shook my head and said, "but they wouldn't have loved me this much and what would they have told people, that they had twins or what."
"Iya Tani stop thinking like that, look at it from this view. What if they had gone to the police and your father was jailed and still the woman's family did not show up, where do ‎​you think ‎​you would grow up?" She asked.
"No, they would come for me, at least they should have been that chance." I cried.
"And if they didn't ‎​ show up, you would have ended up in an orphanage home." She said.
"They would have come." I cried.
"Iya Tani, when Allah allows bad things to happen to us he would definitely allow something good to happen to ‎​you as compensation to the bad that has happened so ‎​you would have cause to praise him. I am sure it has been written that your biological mother would die when she gives birth and Allah wanted the best for the child that's why he made the father ‎​you know the culprit and his wife to loose her baby ‎so ‎​you would end up being with them and they did a great job taking care of ‎​you and he blessed them with two more kids."
I don't know how but what Dr Musa's mum said touched me. Dr Musa's mum continued,
"Iya Tani I love ‎​you ‎so much but I can never love ‎​you more than my kids, this people would always be your parents and they would always love ‎​you and the family ‎​you want to look for, ‎​if ‎​you find them they would accept ‎​you but you would always be a stranger to them."
"Are ‎​you saying I shouldn't look for them?" I asked.
"No my child ‎​you have to try and look for them for your sake and that of your children's sake. As ‎​you are ‎​now you would still get married again because ‎​you are too young to remain a widow, don't look at me that way, u will get married again and it is better ‎​you find your parent ‎so ‎​you don't marry your brother or your child doesn't end up with one of your family. ‎So ‎​you have to go back home and apologise to your parents. I would follow ‎​you if ‎​you want."
"Would I still ask my mum about the picture."
"Yes ‎​you would but that would be after ‎​you have apologised to them."
"Do ‎​you think they would accept me back."
"Of course they would accept ‎​you because they still love ‎​you no matter what."
"Are ‎​you sure?"
"Yes I am, ‎​okay let's put your mother to test. Call her now, pretend as if something his wrong with ‎​you let's see her reaction. Wait a minute didn't they call ‎​you after ‎​you left."
"They did but I changed my sim."
"Okay call her now and let's see her reaction."
I picked my phone an dialed my mother's number she picked on the second ring and said,
"hello"
I paused for awhile and replied, "hello"
Immediately my mum said, "yemisi."
"Ma"
"Haaaa where have ‎​you been, please forgive us and come home. Your father has not been well ever since ‎​you left please come home."
I started crying on the phone. (To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment