Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 5


Hahaha heart attack! Please spare me the pretense, who ought to be on the ground with heart failure if not me. My father was on the floor gasping for breath, my mum was shouting is name, my uncle and grandma ran towards them to help. My uncle screamed "let's take him to the hospital, pls help melift him up." They were all trying to carry my dad. I did not move from where I was, I jst kept lookin...g at them, the daughter in me was scared and really want to help but the stranger that I had suddenly become was 2 angry to pity anyone. They carried my father out of the house my mum ran upstairs nd came back almost immediately and rushed towards the door. When she got to the door she stopped to look at me, hoping I would come with them. She couldn't hold it any longer so she asked "are you coming with us?"
Shaking my head I replied "No". She just turned and left. I was alone in the house, my siblings were away in school, our cook wasn't around. I felt so alone and cold, I wasn't even crying but my heart was still beating fast. I stood up and headed for my room, just then my phone rang, I ignored it but the caller wouldn't stop. When I got into my room I threw myself on the bed and started weeping, my phone was still ringing I ignored the call and was about switching it off when I noticed it was my boyfriend that was calling, I had to pick cos I knew he wud worried that I wasn't picking, with the intention of telling him to call back later I said "hello baby can u...." He interrupted.
" Just the voice I needed to hear to calm my nerves, baby can u believe my flight to Lagos has been delayed"
"Mmmmm"
"Yes honey they said due to technical problem, I don't kno why it is so difficult for them to get us out of Abuja to Lagos despite the fact that we paid".
"Mmmm sorry, pls can u...."
"Baby what is wrong with you is everything alright"
D minute I heard him sound S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ soft I couldn't hold it any longer I started sobbing.
"Oh my God! What happened to you baby pls tell me" he pleaded
"Pls can I come with you to lagos" I sobbed
" What! Why! How! Ur dad...." he was confused
"Please please I need you now" I pleaded.
"I don't understand you,what's going on?Please tell me I can't jst take you with me. First your dad how do you intend telling him you want to follow a man out of Abuja, second I can't get you a ticket now." he replied
" He is not my dad, there are not my parents. Please I want to leave"
"That's not possible, what are u saying, did you quarrel with him".
"They asked me to leave their house" I lied.
"What! Wait give me 5 minutes let me confirm if I can still get you a ticket I would call u back". (To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment