Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 17

Contd.......kami was gone. The light in my life had been blown out. It was actually a miracle that he had stayed that long. I knew he was going to die, I even thought it he wouldn't make it to the 9th month. When my pregnancy was 8mnths I begged kami to let me undergo cesarean section ‎so that he would see his baby but kami refused saying I shouldn't worry he would get to see her. The good thing about knowing ‎​you would die is that ‎​you get to prepare. Kami had willed his properties to me, I knew he was rich but I didn't know he was that rich, the chemotherapy was quite expensive and yet he still didn't feel it. While he was receiving treatment we still had time for ourselves, we had gone baby shopping together and on everything we bought my husband would sign on it "love from mum and dad." He decorated the baby's room himself, It took him 3months to do what he would have done in 2days. He bought 18 lovely gifts for his child each one for her birthday from 1st to 18yrs.. Mostly jewelry, expensive and unique. He made a locket with our picture on it for our child and said I should make sure our daughter wears it round her neck ‎so she would always know her parent were ‎so much in love. He had written down names he would love his daughter to bear.

I went back home 4 days after I gave birth, kami had been buried. His sister had come to stay with me for awhile. People were paying condolence visit and at the same time congratulatory visit. I wanted to call my parents but was to ashamed to call. I had gotten married, given birth and now my husband is dead, how do I explain that to them ‎so I decided not to call them. Dr Musa's sent his mother to teach me how I would bath my baby and the hot water therapy for nursing mothers. My sister in law would have taught me but she refused saying an expert should teach me.
Dr Musa's mother followed me to the bathroom to teach me the hot water therapy. After she taught me the hot water therapy which was ‎so painful. She asked me where I had gotten the birth mark that was right below my left breast. I told her that I had thought it was an injury mark until I saw the tiny version of it on my daughter. The woman looked at me very well and said,
"‎​I noticed you look ‎so much like her."
"Like who?" I asked.
(To be contd)....

No comments:

Post a Comment