Thursday, December 8, 2011

episode 21

Contd........ I thought to myself what a reunion I would have preferred seeing the devil than seeing my uncle. He kept on looking at me with disgust, I stepped aside for him to pass. He stepped outside and said,
"The prodigal bastard is back, alas she came home with another bastard. I knew ‎​you would grow up to be slut ‎​you just proved it." Then he stormed away. I didn't say a word to him. He just killed the little confidence I had in me. I turned to leave only to see me my sibblings Dupe(female 19yrs) and Oyin(male 18yrs) coming down from a cab. Immediately they saw me they ran towards me to hug me, Dupe quickly took Tani from me saying,
"sister me, whose baby is this cute girl."
I replied, "mine"
She looked at me and said, "sister me, where have ‎​you been, daddy told us what happened when we got back from school, please tell me ‎​you are back home." I smiled at her and said, "yes."
Oyin had started taking my things in. We entered the compound and I hesitated my siblings noticed they moved closer to me in an assuring way. Dupe was still carrying Tani and Oyin was with my luggage when we entered. My mum was asking my father, "what does your brother want this time around he has succeeded in chasing my daughter away?" She turned when she heard the sound of the door. The minute she saw me she froze where she was standing, my father stood up from the couch and said, "Yemisi"
I moved closer to them, knelt down before them and started begging for forgiveness, my siblings came to join me. My father pulled me up and hugged me, we were all crying.

Hours later my father was carrying Tani, I had told them everything that happened to me after I left. They were not happy that I got married without their consent but they sympathized with me on the death of my husband. They said they read it in newspaper that he died of cancer and was survived by a sister, wife and daughter and it never occurred to them that the wife was their daughter.
We all had dinner together, it was ‎so obvious my parents were happy my father just kept smiling, my mum was just going up and down making sure everything was okay. It got to a stage my father was humming to himself and shaking his head in a rhythmic way. Then I couldn't hold it any longer I started crying, immediately they all gathered round me, asking me what was wrong with me, i looked at all of them one by one, Tani was strapped to my mother's back and then I said, "I didn't know I was this loved, look at all of ‎​‎​you, ‎​you people are ‎so happy to see me and my baby and I am ‎so grateful." They all hugged me, we ought to have taken a family picture.

Later that night my mum came to my room and said she wanted to spend the night with me. I told her about Dr Musa's mum and the whole birth mark story and the pictures but I didn't tell her I saw her in one of the pictures. She requested for the pictures herself and I gave them to her. She confirmed it herself that me and the person in the picture look ‎so much alike. She kept on looking at the pictures until she got to the one that she was in. The minute she saw herself in the picture she threw the picture down and starred hard at me then said, "ohhh my God ‎​you are his sister's daughter."
"Whose sister."I asked.
(To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment