Saturday, December 10, 2011

episode 22

Contd....... She just kept saying
"mogbe! mogbe! God pls don't let it be what I am thinking it is." She kept looking at me then she ran out of the room. I was about running after her when Tani woke up and started crying ‎so I had to stay back to attend to my daughter.
Minutes later my mum came back with her phone, she was really sweating. I asked her, "mummy ki lo shele (what happen)."
She didn't answer me she, she was dialing someone's number on her phone. The person picked it cos my mum said,
"hello iya peju, I am sorry I am calling ‎​you at this time of the night. Ehmmm I need your help."
The person on the other end must have asked her what the problem was because my mum replied her,
"‎​you said ‎​you saw Abdullah yahya years ago and ‎​you exchanged phone numbers please do ‎​you still have his number."
My mum kept quiet because the person on the other end was talking after a while my mother replied the person,
"Pls I need it now, I know I told ‎​you I don't want to have anything to do with him but pls send it to me."
It seem the person had asked my mum to get a paper ‎so she would call the number because my mum started looking for paper and biro. I had to quickly pass my phone to her ‎so she would type the number on it. The person called the number and my mum typed it on my phone. She thanked the person and said she would call the person later then ended the call. She looked at me and asked,
"yemisi what time is it?"
"10:30." I replied. But mummy what is going...........
"It's not to late to call someone, is it? My mum interrupted.
"It depends on who the person is and your relationship with the person." I replied angrily.
She ignored me and dialed the number the person gave her. After some minutes she said, "hello please am I speaking with Abdullah yahya?" The person replied her at the other end. it's ‎so annoying when ‎​you are been left in the dark, like what my mum was doing. Then my mum said,
"Abdullah sorry I am calling ‎​you at this time of the night this is Mojisola Folajomi speaking."
I guess the man repeated the name because my mum then said,
"sorry, Mojisola Aluko." my mum kept quiet again then later replied,
"yes same old mojisola aluko and yes folajomi is my husband's name."
Silence again and my mum replied,
"Abdullah please I didn't call you for that, please how is your sister?"
Silence again and my mum replied,
"I know its odd that I call ‎​you after ‎so many years just to ask of her. Please I beg ‎​you tell me where she is."
There was silence again person at the other end must have was talking my mum was silent for long then she ended the call and slumped on the bed crying. The way she slumped scared my daughter and she started crying I didn't even know who to pet my mum or my daughter. I carried my daughter and left the room to call my dad. I told my dad the drama my mum had performed since she saw the pictures. My dad followed me to my room, instead of him to ask his wife what was wrong. My father started petting his wife and took her out of my room when they got to their door my father noticed I was following he turned and said,
"Yemisi goodnight we would see in the morning."
Reluctantly I said "goodnight" and headed for my room. I was ‎so angry, I called Dr Musa's Mum and told her everything that happened she said I should be patient and if by the next day they don't say anything I shouldn't ask them about the incident. They would tell me when they feel its right. All she wants from me is to be patient. (To be contd)

No comments:

Post a Comment